Monday, November 19, 2012

Unforgettable Evening

First, I want to say thank you for supporting me and giving me encouragement to continue pursuing my lifelong dream of sharing music with the world. Thank you for taking the time to read this blog…it truly means a lot! So many things have happened that have been great opportunities and fantastic experiences.

On November first, I had the privilege of opening for the band, Sidewalk Prophets. The theater was beautiful and all the people putting on the show were so kind. It was a night I will never forget. But the coolest thing about the night wasn’t the big lights or the beautiful stage…. it was the people.

I got to make new relationships and meet so many incredible hearts. One of my favorite things to do is hear life stories and then share mine…making new relationships. It was so inspirational to watch the devotion that the Sidewalk Prophets had for their fans and their stage presence that drew hundreds of people in that night. But what was even more inspiring was the faith that you could feel throughout the entire theater. The lead singer of Sidewalk Prophets was so clear and firm in his faith in the Lord that you couldn’t help but feel moved by such talent that is uplifting people and glorifying God. I was honored to be able to share the same stage as them. I hope I can work with them again…it will forever remain one of my greatest memories.
   
Over and over again I am reminded how small I am in this universe, that I am just a speck among billions of other people. What amazes me though, is when one speck, makes such a difference in people’s lives.

I watched the band, Sidewalk Prophets make a difference in hundreds of lives that night. I’m beginning to realize that if I really wanted to, I could make a difference too.

I think people in general get discouraged sometimes because we watch the “famous” people do all the work and realize we don’t have the same things that they have. But that’s just not true…they started with a dream and a little faith. We all can find that.

It doesn’t even take a lot of faith…just a little…Faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains! (Matt. 17:20)

The people who make a difference are the ones who work for it and are not ashamed to stand up tall. One of my favorite quotes is "If I like me…you’ll like me”, said of course by Dolly Parton. Not in a cocky way but in a confident determined way.

Time is too short to day dream…there's so much potential sitting right in front of us all.

This night encouraged me to continue to pursue what I love. God is good and has blessed me with support, love all around me, and a dream. He’s the one person who has never failed me and once again…I stand amazed by His power to change my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment