Friday, June 29, 2012

Ready To Roll

First of all, I want to say that getting ready for my CD release concert is so exciting! I feel like everything is coming together. The musicians and I have been meeting to rehearse and I feel so blessed that such talented people are going to play at my concert! The concert is going to be at my high school of which I am recently an alumni which makes everything even more exciting.

Through all of this excitement, I think a lot about my life so far. I’m in that transitioning period of life right after high school. Getting to know people, becoming close, hearing their stories, developing a heart for them and then all of a sudden going in separate directions is so surreal. It was difficult to accept the fact that what I’ve known for so long is over and it’s time to move on to the next chapter.

Life with the people at Caro High School was so familiar to me and it felt impossible to let go. Knowing that everyone is going their separate ways is a strange thought and its very difficult to accept. But at the same time, it’s a beautiful thing. There’s never been a better time to pursue our dreams, running with them and never looking back. I'm ready to move on to bigger and better things but it scares me to know that my childhood is gone and my teenage years are quickly flying by. Suddenly time means something to me. The old saying "you don't know what you've got till its gone" runs through my mind a lot these days.

I'm learning to embrace every moment, love with all I've got, and work to make a difference. The song “Stepping Stone” on the album talks about just that. “Don’t look back but don’t forget that what’s in your past got you to where you’re at and that little home town was a stepping stone to the next road.” That song means so much to me because it is my life.

I hope you guys can listen to “Stepping Stone” and be able to relate in the same way. The past may be hard to let go of but when you get to the point where you are okay with yourself to move on….the past becomes a beautiful memory and the future becomes bright. I’m ready to sing and I’m ready to shine. I sincerely hope that people can be encouraged by this album!

No comments:

Post a Comment